Friday, July 31, 2009

Getting an education

This week and next I am spending time with our grandchildren. It's great to get to spend one-on-one time with them.
Little Sam Simmons and I spent quality time trying to keep each other entertained in a hotel room. We both agree that it's more fun to be outside.
Serving dinner to Ellie Maestri last night - we put butter and parmesean cheese on our pasta - obviously I'm not the gourmet cook her parents are - she asked "only one kind of cheese?"
And then this morning visiting with Kelsey, she was practicing her ABC's in ASL and wasn't sure of the right sign for the letter "s". When I told her I didn't know either, she asked "Grandma, didn't you ever go to Pre-school?"
I'm learning a lot from these little ones - the most important thing I am learning is that I love being with them.

1 comment:

  1. You go girl! There's a lot to be learned from the little ones. Take some Geritol and hang in there. Grandpa Lee

    ReplyDelete