Sunday, January 25, 2015

Ninety-nine

Today is my mom's birthday.  Although she has been gone 29 years and not with us to celebrate, I  feel like there are ways she is with us still:
My hands  -  when I look at my hands they remind me of mom, polka dots and all.
If I go for a walk in my neighborhood I have to pass the home she lived in for many years.
My grandchildren with hazel colored eyes always remind me of mom.
My sisters and the different traits they picked up from mom.
Chocolate in any form reminds me of her.  Semi sweet chocolate chips, hot chocolate, a big bar of
solid chocolate,  See's candy, mousies, etc.
We just finished our Sunday breakfast, bacon, eggs, toast, with a special jar of chili sauce.  Yum!l
But not a yummy as she could make it for us.  I just can't get the fried eggs quite right.
Last month the grandkids got to play dress-up and there among the dress-ups were some of her old dresses.
Gone but not forgotten.  Happy Birthday Mom, we love you !

No comments:

Post a Comment