Saturday, July 23, 2011

A piece of happiness

Today we had big plans to celebrate our anniversary #40. I told
Roland that when we got married I had no conception of living long enough to be alive or married for 40 years. But time flies when you are having fun and fun we have had.
Today I have been a real party pooper with a fever - couldn't even work up enough get up and go to go out to dinner - Dad is fixing me "Fe Fie Fo Fum" for dinner.
He served it very formally in suit and tie by candlelight.

At noon today we did have a piece of happiness as we went for a ride up Hwy 18,
turned off at Snow Canyon and drove on through. It was beautiful as always and plenty warm. We found a shady spot by the sand wash and Dad talked me into getting out and sitting in the shade. A breeze was blowing and it was cool and lovely.
Watched a little squirrel, two dragonflies and a bird. It was a little piece of heaven and I guess that will be the way we celebrated our 40th anniversary.

No comments:

Post a Comment